Antony has been studying and working in physiotherapy since 1993. During this time, he has earned his degree in physiotherapy, a masters in physiotherapy and completed his specialisation training – the highest form of training a physiotherapist can attain in Australia. There are currently only 8 practicing specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapists in NSW.
Starting this podcast we get to know who Antony is a little better, what drove him into Physiotherapy and how his initial education went. We then delve into the details and hear his take on mindset, rehab, and actual warm up practices anyone, but athletes in particular, can apply in training. On a lighthearted note, we also have a few Star Wars moments in here guys!
Great conversation, filled with physiotherapy and life insights from the wealth of experience Antony has. Enjoy!
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio. Again, that's audibletrial.com/advfradio for your free audiobook.
This podcast is also brought to you by LocSam Solutions. LocSam Solutions is a boutique consulting and business support company focused on business consulting and commercial services. The key to their success has been through the application of a pragmatic approach combined with entrepreneurial spirit to achieve our clients’ outcomes. Their philosophy is simple: deliver well-defined, measurable business outcomes to their clients through the engagement of subject matter experts with real world experience. They can be found at www.locsamsolutions.com.au.
This podcast is also supported by No Days Off Supplements. NDO Supps is a newly formed company that aspires to build a trusted brand by having honesty, integrity and loyalty as the corner stones of their relationships with all their stakeholders. From suppliers to customers to sponsored athletes and individuals, they will work hard to ensure all receive the utmost attention and support and that harmonious relationships are mutually beneficial for all. Use the code ADVFRADIO when purchasing to receive 10% off at www.ndosupps.com.
Finally this podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Explore this site to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy's Tribute [05:00]
- Anthony Lo's interests and his childhood memory. [06:30]
- What made you get into physiotherapy? [11:15]
- Where did you study? [12:00]
- Doc relates the story to his osteopath girlfriend. [14:20]
- How much time and money did you spend in order to continue your education? [16:45]
- What are some characteristic that you like about physio industry? [19:00]
- Anthony Lo shows how to be a good physio. [19:35]
- What was the rewarding case that stands out to you?[25:25]
- What is so good about Star Wars? [31:57]
- What will you do when you see an alien? [37:15]
- Anthony Lo helps not only to injured but also how to improve sport's performance. [43:45]
- Anthony explains the importance of mobility. [46:30]
- Some of the athletes has superstitious beliefs. [59:25]
- The best practices that Anthony Lo can recommend. [1:02:55]
- Where is your favorite travel destination [1:07:00]
- Where is your dream destination? [1:08:30]
- When you are in a desert island, what three things that you would bring? [1:09:30]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:11:15]
- What are the things that you do when you are in down time? [1:12:00]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [1:14:00]
Selected Links from the Episode:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Star Wars
- Mobility Vs. Flexibility
- Foam Roller
- Science Fiction
Connect with Antony: