Today we have the first of a 2-part interview with one of the great men in CrossFit, Lucas Parker. He hails from Victoria, British Columbia, and is a three-time Top 20 finisher at the Reebok CrossFit Games. He advanced to the Games again in 2016, making it an impressive six consecutive years at the sport’s premier event.
We learn more about how he views training vs. exercise and how integrating outdoor adventures has benefitted him. He shares with us the changes he’s made through the years to become a better athlete. We touch briefly on how he supports himself financially and what he thinks about working on a desk as well.
We then talk more about training, how Lucas adjusts his attitude, his mental practices, and if he has a routine. We then discuss oly lifting and how much time he actually invests to develop this aspect. Then our convo goes into a comparison and contrast of CrossFit and GRID.
Wrapping up we go to the Good, Bad and Science and then a lighthearted turn as our gents share a bit of their embarrassing moments when it comes to impressing the ladies.
Great convo with Lucas Parker guys! We hope you enjoy it.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://www.roguefitness.com/athletes/lucas-parker
- Training video - Lucas Parker training compilation
- Competition - Men's Ranch Deadlift Ladder
- Tommy’s tribute [05:50]
- What are you doing in Australia? [07:45]
- How do you normally do? [08:20]
- The distinction between training and exercise. [11:30]
- Training outdoors and its benefits. [12:50]
- What are the changes you’ve made to make you better? [15:00]
- The original idea of CrossFit. [19:00]
- Lucas tells how he supported himself financially. [23:00]
- The reason why they don’t like working on the desk. [23:45]
- Lucas shares what his training looks like. [32:25]
- What does it mean to adjust your attitude? [33:25]
- Lucas’ mental practices. [38:45]
- Do you have the routine? [45:45]
- How much time do you actually spend for cleans and barbells? [51:35]
- The difference between Grid and CrossFit games. [54:35]
- The Good, Bad, and Science. [59:35]
- When you win $10 million, what will you do? [1:01:45]
- What is the most embarrassing moment when you try to impress a girl? [1:06:15]
- Lucas’ embarrassing moment. [1:10:25]
- Sending signals to other planets. [1:13:15]
- Victoria BC, Canada
- Margaux Alvarez
- Valerie Vovoril
- Grid Athletes
- Michael Jordan
- Lebron James
- Kobe Bryant
- Tim Ferriss
- Joe Rogan
- Seth Shostak