We continue our conversation with Lucas Parker in the second installation of this two-part interview. Our guest shares about his pre-comp training program and preparation. We learn how he recovers from injuries through training, meditation, and breathing techniques. Get a glimpse also of Lucas’ favorite moment in his life so far.
Then we delve a little more into the training differences between rowing athletes and CF athletes. Moving towards the end, Lucas shares with us how he approaches nutrition and how this impacts him as an athlete. Wrapping up, we shoot the classic 6 from 6!
Awesome conversation with one of the CrossFit greats in Lucas Parker guys. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - www.lucasparker.ca
- Training video - Lucas Parker training compilation
- Competition - Men's Ranch Deadlift Ladder
- Lucas’ training program and preparation before every competition. [05:00]
- Recovering from injuries through proper training and workout. [10:55]
- Recovering from injuries through mindfulness meditation and breathing technique. [17:50]
- Mind and body connectivity. [21:35]
- Lucas shares his favorite moment in his life. [23:30]
- The training program of rowing athletes in comparison to CrossFit athletes. [25:50]
- How do you approach nutrition? [28:05]
- The role of carbohydrates into CrossFit athletes.[31:20]
- 6 from 6 [34:00]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [34:55]
- What is your dream destination? [36:55]
- What books would you recommend? [38:05]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [38:55]
- Who is your biggest role model? [41:15]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [43:15]