Tony is now the owner of 6 Doherty’s Gyms around Australia, a highly sought after public speaker, interviewer, and media personality.
Tony comes on and tells us about himself. Doc then asks him how he got started with his gym. Tommy then asks him about how his passion for bodybuilding began, and Tony tells us a funny story about that.
Tony also talks about how travel has widened his perspective. He also answers Doc & Tommy’s questions about what makes Doherty’s such a great brand, and his thoughts on the fear of failure.
Another great episode in the bag! Having Tony on the show was great, and we’re sure you guys are going to love this one. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - www.tonydoherty.com
- Facebook - Tony Doherty
- Instagram - tonydohertyoz
- Twitter - @TonyDohertyOz
- YouTube - dohertysgym
- Tommy’s Tribute. [5:43]
- Tony tells us about himself. [7:32]
- Doc asks Tony how he got his gym started. [11:45]
- Not listening to friends & family when business goes south. [18:20]
- Knowing and being specific with your brand. [22:50]
- Having a 3rd place. [24:35]
- Tommy asks Tony how his bodybuilding passion began. [25:57]
- A funny story about Tony and & an injury. [30:40]
- Proving people wrong VS. proving yourself right. [33:24]
- The doors never close at Doherty’s Gym. [37:16]
- Tony on finding your motivation. [39:00]
- Sponsor recap. [41:26]
- Show resumes. [43:22]
- Australians have a sense of entitlement. [43:55]
- Getting a better perspective through travel. [50:08]
- Tony is constantly putting work into his gym. [55:41]
- What sets Doherty’s apart from other gyms? [56:53]
- Tony on the fear of failure. [1:01:40]
- Life hack - getting less sleep. [1:08:45]
- 6 From 6. [1:09:57]
- What is Tony’s favorite travel destination? [1:10:22]
- What is Tony’s dream travel destination? [1:11:02]
- What books does Tony recommend? [1:12:19]
- What does Tony like to do when he has free time? [1:13:45]
- Who does Tony look up to? [1:14:40]
- If Tony could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:16:08]