Andy is a tenured Professor in the Center for Sport Performance at CSU Fullerton. He focuses his attention on teaching classes and running the BMEP lab. He is also a co-host of the Barbell Shrugged podcast.
Kicking it into gear with Andy’s background, his main focus, and what got him into his field. The boys talk about lifting and compare stats for a bit, then the convo gets thrown towards what life is like at California State for Andy, as well as the athletes he’s worked with.
The topic shifts towards nutrition and diet programs, and later on the boys bring up intermittent fasting and pick Andy’s brain on it. There is talk of hormones, and Andy gives us insight into hitting goals, as well as shares what the future looks like for him.
Great show, guys! Plenty of interesting points that you all can take away, especially about dieting and nutrition. Tune in and enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://www.andygalpin.com/
- Facebook - Andy Galpin
- Instagram - drandygalpin
- Twitter - @DrAndyGalpin
- YouTube - Andy Galpin
- Tommy’s Tribute. [4:01]
- Andy gives us his background. [5:32]
- Doc asks Andy what got him into being a muscle scientist. [6:22]
- Doc asks Andy what sport he was mainly focused on. [7:23]
- Comparing lifting stats. [8:03]
- Doc asks Andy about what life is like working at California State. [8:46]
- Andy on the athletes he’s worked with. [10:04]
- Andy on handling the needs of a combat sport athlete. [11:14]
- Doc asks Andy about his nutrition programs. [14:14]
- Andy elaborates on the need for a changing diet. [20:03]
- Andy explains his current diet. [22:36]
- Doc asks Andy about intermittent fasting. [24:28]
- Andy on fasting for increase in growth hormone & testosterone. [30:12]
- Finding a diet that is best for you. [33:01]
- Andy’s objections to false claims & lack of evidence in nutrition. [34:12]
- Tommy’s assumptions on hormones & Andy’s rebuttal. [35:28]
- Tommy gives Andy an example scenario and how he would work with it. [38:58]
- Tommy asks Andy about how these “fads” get started. [41:22]
- Andy on there being no single diet that works for everyone. [43:28]
- Identifying what’s stopping you from hitting your goals. [46:43]
- Doc asks Andy what the future looks like for him. [49:00]
- 6 From 6. [50:30]
- What is Andy’s favorite travel destination? [50:39]
- What is Andy’s dream travel destination? [52:02]
- What books does Andy recommend? [53:44]
- What does Andy like to do when he has free time? [56:18]
- Who does Andy look up to? [57:46]
- If Andy could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [59:38]