Carl Paoli is a Movement Specialist and elite gymnast. From a young age he was always enthusiastic and passionate for physical activity, but it was his love for gymnastics, however, that would greatly shape his definition of hard work and determination.
Doc starts us off with asking Carl about his background, as well as what brings him over to Australia. Carl then tells us about being a Movement Specialist, realizing the importance of media in growing his brand, and recounts his experience with CrossFit as well as having gone on the ADVF Bali trip this year.
Doc asks Carl to share about his current and future plans, which leads to a question about how he manages so much with limited time. The discussion turns towards dealing with rough patches in life, the importance of reconnecting with yourself and about living in the moment.
Great guest, great episode! Carl was an absolute gem to have, and he’s made many good and interesting points for you all to get some take aways. Enjoy the show, guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://freestyleconnection.com/
- Facebook - Carl Paoli
- Instagram - carlpaoli
- YouTube - Carl Paoli
- Twitter - @FreestyleMedia_
- Tommy's Tribute. [4:09]
- Doc asks Carl what brings him to Australia & his background. [6:56]
- Doc asks Carl what got him into being a Movement Specialist. [9:13]
- Carl realizes the importance of media & taps into it. [12:01]
- Carl stepping away from CrossFit for a while. [13:57]
- A throwback to Bali's scooter adventure through torrential rain. [16:33]
- Doc & Carl on meeting new like-minded people & bonding with them. [21:15]
- Carl on his current & future plans. [24:32]
- Doc asks Carl how he manages his limited time with all his plans. [27:47]
- Tommy asks Carl about his journaling & "me time." [30:19]
- The boys on going through & dealing with rough periods on life. [34:13]
- Doc asks Carl about the turning point during his rough patch. [39:41]
- Difficulties with reconnecting with yourself because of the present age. [43:26]
- Doc on living in the moment, being free & off the grid. [47:31]
- 6 From 6. [50:52]
- What is Carl’s favorite travel destination? [51:09]
- What is Carl’s dream travel destination? [51:43]
- What books does Carl recommend? [52:13]
- What does Carl like to do when he has free time? [56:39]
- Who does Carl look up to? [57:04]
- If Carl could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [58:13]
- The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
- Neil deGrasse Tyson's books
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry - Neil deGrasse Tyson
- 10% Happier - Dan Harris