Jo Guy is a holistic dietitian and certified health coach from Melbourne.
For anyone that wants to be fit, lose weight, or just eat healthy, having the proper nutrition and diet is important. This episode with Jo really helps put emphasis on that thought, and it’s really great to hear these things from someone who is well versed in this particular field.
Jo starts with telling us a little about herself, then proceeds to tell us the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist. She then talks about which nutrients will make a person fat, and the science of the study on nutrition. We then ask her what diet is recommended for someone who wants to lose fat.
Jo talks about the importance of having a holistic approach, then on to what effects a lack of sleep has on losing fat. She then talks about her number one food principle and what you can do during the most important meal of the day: breakfast. She then tells us about her smoothie.
Jo tells us about food and how it can act like a drug. After that, she proceeds to tell us about the nutrients that are needed by high-performance athletes. She also talks about gut health issues. We ask her about what she thinks about the paleo diet for CrossFitters. After that, she talks about how milk can make you bulky, her thoughts on bulking up, and why people crave for sugar. She also shares with us a few meditation practices.
Jo also talks about the ketogenic diet and which diet works for her. She talks about the benefits of this specific diet, as well as the healthiest way of getting on it. Is it recommendable? We ask her. She then shares with us what her most rewarding work is.
Moving on, she talks about the best thing she’s personally done in terms of dieting. We then ask her what’s next for her, then go into our usual series of questions to get to know a little more about Jo.
That about wraps it up, and we hope you enjoy it!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website | http://www.joguy.com.au/
- Facebook | Jo Guy -Nutrition & Lifestyle
- Instagram | @joguy_dietitian
- Tommy’s tribute. [05:50]
- Jo shares a little bit about herself. [08:35]
- The difference between dietician and nutritionist. [09:02]
- Nutrients that will make a person fat. [11:45]
- Science on nutrition study. [13:15]
- What diet would you recommend to someone who wants to lose fat? [16:15]
- The importance of holistic approach. [18:25]
- An effects of having not enough sleep on fat lose. [20:25]
- Jo’s number one food principle. [22:25]
- What can you do during breakfast? [24:05]
- Jo’s smoothie. [25:35]
- How food can be like a drug? [28:00]
- Nutrients need for high performance athletes. [32:03]
- Gut health issues. [37:25]
- What can you say about paleo diet for CrossFiters? [48:59]
- Milk makes you bulky? [51:28]
- Her thoughts on bulking up. [58:05]
- Jo explains why people craving for sugar. [57:55]
- What meditating practices that you do? [1:04:51]
- The Good, Bad, and Science. [1:07:15]
- What is the most daring thing you have done? [1:09:00]
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever try to steal? [1:13:45]
- What natural disaster that you would hate the most? [1:16:00]
- Jo talks about the ketogenic diet and the kind of diet that works for her.[06:40] [1:19:40]
- The benefits of ketogenic diet. [1:23:30]
- The healthiest way of doing ketogenic diet. [1:24:45]
- Is ketogenic recommendable? [1:25:25]
- Jo’s most rewarding work. [1:27:40]
- What is the best thing that you’ve done personally in terms of diet? [1:29:28]
- What is next and most exciting event for Jo Guy? [1:35:15]
- 6 from 6 [1:37:05]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [1:37:27]
- What is your dream destination? [1:39:05]
- What books would you recommend? [1:39:30]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [1:43:55]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:45:05]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [1:46:05]
- Paleo diet
- Global warming
- Gut health
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Brown rice
- Ketogenic diet
- Tuna and sardines
- South Melbourne
- Machu Picchu, South America
- The Power of Now
- Talk Like Ted
- Coconut latte
- Dalai Lama
- Tony Robins