Steve Sammartino is an Australian Futurist, Author, Technologist and Speaker.
We start with having Steve tell us about how he taught his daughter about the world and economics by growing pizza, followed by his background. Next we take a deep dive into the topics of futurism and about living in an age of mobility. Later on, we finish with the future of employment and the possible world in 300 years.
This was an absolutely mind-blowing episode, and Steve was such a great guest to have on. Another one for the books. Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website | http://stevesammartino.com/
- Instagram | sammartino
- Facebook | Stephen Sammartino
- Twitter | @sammartino
- Learning about the world & economics by growing pizza. [6:48]
- Steve on his background. [9:38]
- Making the future into a reality. [13:03]
- Using the power of imagination. [15:44]
- What excites Steve about possible developments in the future. [16:56]
- Being a highly mobile generation. [19:47]
- Segue - hours vs. output & results. [24:32]
- Back to the topic of high mobility. [25:48]
- Driving as a time sink. [29:03]
- The cubicle lifestyle vs. being able to work remotely. [31:16]
- De-gearing our lives. [35:59]
- Sharing stories & the origin of "Doc." [40:37]
- The future of employment. 44:54]
- Creating an industry of teaching people what they need to survive in the future. [55:48]
- No worries about running out of things to do. [1:02:48]
- Human-made products & advanced robotics. [1:03:35]
- The world in 300 years & sharing of ideas. [1:13:18]
- If Steve was on a deserted island, what 3 things would he bring? [1:28:48]
- What is Steve's favorite travel destination? [1:30:13]
- What is Steve's favorite dish to cook? [1:30:53]
- What is Steve's dream travel destination? [1:31:29]
- What is the most important lesson that school did not teach Steve? [1:33:16]
- What books does Steve recommend? [1:36:36]
- The Lessons School Forgot - Steve Sammartino
- Physics of the Impossible - Michio Kaku
- Remote: Office Not Required - David Heinemeier Hansson and Jason Fried
- Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
- Steve's website